Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ninth Lab/Blog 17: Reflection on Blogging

No, I still need to complete like probably 3 or 4 more labs but I usually get it done later on when I have my thoughts put together.

No, I just checked other blog entries instead "Living in the Matrix". Doesn't just have to be Living in the Matrix. I have checked some blogs sometimes to get ideas although most of the help came from me listening.

I would say some of the differences are that I now put in more specific details on my response and even if I'm pissed off, well not necessarily pissed, I still never write my opinion in my summary because even just a few words like "this is unforgiven" can screw it up! These are the changes I've made according to what I learned from the professor. I hope to learn my final errors this Tuesday.


          I think blogging has helped me in probably many different ways that I would have a hard time explaining. One of the things that pops up in my mind is that usually I would check the comment sections under my blog entries then I would mostly check my errors in my CATW and realize the errors I have done so I can correct them. Sometimes because I just don't seem to have that much errors it has limited me to check back that often on the blog entries but I still think the blog process procedure was a great idea. It has given me the chance to go check other student's blogs and I realize that every student can have a different starting sentence on their personal response. I usually don't look at summaries because they seem easy and something I learned to correct within the professor.
          In my responses I usually use the "I agree with this" or "this is is significant" method then use my own personal two examples which is more easier for me and gives me the opportunity to write more. For example in my last set of blogs or CATW's starting from Blog 11 until now, I wrote like this in "Let Them Eat Fat", "another example out is that statistically the low-income areas have less healthy organic supermarkets. This is why there are more reports of diabetes and other related sicknesses in the low-income communities". So as you can see this is a method I have been using nowadays and when I check back to my comment section to check how I did my tutors and professor advises me to use more specific examples for my response. I guess what I could have done in my blog even more differently is to proofread my blog again and to annotate from the reading which sometimes I'm not used at doing. For example, as I happen to check my blog entries I knew I had it all right but one student who commented on my blog tells me that I should check my grammar next time and to my surprise she was right. I actually don't even know what happened to me when I wrote this in blog entry for "Let Them Eat Fat", "In Let Them Eat Fat by the author Greg Critser discusses how, fast-food companies because of the cheap need from poor people in the meals the innovation known as supersizing was born".               
            Eventually this is just one of the types of errors I have to deal with now so blogging has helped me in checking for my minor errors because as of today according to them and thanks to my tutors and professor it seems like the only errors I need to correct. Even though it can be hard to find some students who finished their blogs I looked within the comment section from other tutors and some students only. Overall, according to the help I received from the blog comments mostly I have to recognize that having my own blog for my essays has been of great help.

1 comment:

  1. Blog Series Evaluation 5:

    This is one remarkable set of blogs--thoughtful, specific, and honest. Excellent work. :-)

    ReplyDelete