Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blog 15/ Eighth Lab Greenmarket Farmer's Markets

            As a country and a city like New York City who seems to be always bombarded with entertainment ads there is something useful out there that is going on and we can find this in a website called "Greenmarket Farmers Market" and look for its locations of markets to where find healthy food. For me it wasn't actually the location that bothered me a lot but mostly the price as I already heard that these places were around but didn't exactly know where to go. So mostly what interested me most about the website is like other websites, that hardly give you any information or location, this is the real deal because it gives us all the locations we can go to and pick our healthy foods. I totally wouldn't mind taking the train to one of these locations even if I lived 40 minutes away from them. If Columbus could travel for something so small and struggled in extreme conditions then with this website and today's modern technology using a train or a car why not us?
          Especially, what most caught me was not only that these people could help each other to make a difference, creating projects to build rainwater harvesting systems to help grow gardens, is one example, but also that they would provide us with healthy turkey and we can call them to order it. Also, that you can find fruits or vegetables easily where it is cheap. So its not only fruits or vegetables that we can look for but fresh turkey provided to us rather than the ones sold up front already cooked which might only contain drugs and which is probably not healthy. Now that I'm aware of this I think that for the first time I can buy my first fresh turkey from a market and the last I heard from my old-generation family is that they always claim that if they do go back to their country they always want to eat the original corn, meat or soup,etc because it is much more "better" or "fresh" which I always wondered what they meant since most of their cultural food comes from agriculture and the ones sold here on Trade Fair has a different taste. Let's see if this turkey I buy at Greenmarket Farmers Market is any different than the ones sold at Trade Fair, etc.
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment