Friday, October 8, 2010

Blog 7- I Am Not A Cyborg

       A cyborg is simply a human being only in physical traits except for the inside of his body excluding organs, heart, blood, brain and everything else. Inside he might be implanted with some kind of code to make him move or do something you want. So inside the human skin he basically has a robot mechanical appearance.
      
      Although it might sound so far fetched and something you see on the movies but believe it or not humans will have robot like characteristics like the Terminator. It's an invention that no one thought will happen just like any other technology. My definition for being what a cyborg is comes from what I personally think and read. So my evidence for what I think is a cyborg although I never seen a real one comes from what I saw in the movies and based on this I think cyborgs were created to do things real human beings can't do or endure. It could be anything from extreme stressful tasks or war tasks. Let's say for example say you cannot go down a little hole to pick up something you found or depending on your goal u can easily use a cyborg. They do this with small rat cyborgs where they know what their mission and he even has a camera to record under the dark hole with light.

      So according to this I'm not a cyborg because I only use machines for help and would love to use a cyborg to serve me the food when I don't have time. I'm not a cyborg also because I can feel, get tired, think everyday about the road ahead and get stressed. I even have to sweat just to get to class and you know you see me everyday and my classmates too. I think if I were to decide to be a cyborg then guess what I would not eliminate. As of now the only thing I can think of is eating food! Food is pleasure and many other things. I think whoever created this earth made sure it was balanced and I think its the right way. Other reasons for me not being a cyborg is because it is said that machines can beat us at games and are even more faster, smarter than us than humans. I'm not a cyborg not that I'm not smart but I have to rely on the internet, cellphone, ipod, bank machines to get my benefits or information fast and easily.

    If you realize we the humans use these machines and now will be ordering them in the near future. So, no way I will not be a cyborg to the point where I have to get used or ordered by another human being plus most human beings are selfish and not considerate. If we are to create the kind of cyborgs that we see see in the movies then we need to keep ourselves balanced and not go over the limit with this and do just what that man did, work with them as a team! Not like the drones that are being used in harmful ways for war. Again I'm not a cyborg because my legs get tired. I have to think clearly before I act. I wish I was because the benefit of it would be to think fast, not get tired ever, never die, or get diseases,etc. But as a human being or even as a cyborg there are pros and cons because I love that I can be a human being and feel different kinds of pleasure, work and have fun for what you want.
 
      This is something machines don't have so I wonder if all they do is work hard tasks and never get angry at humans in the future? I would get angry if I was a cyborg at humans and start war because it would be similar to me being a Genie from Aladdin. The Genie has great power but still needs to service the person almost like the cyborgs unless we give them their own jobs but then humans lose jobs don't they? It's a never ending debate. But it's just my opinion or theory because cyborgs can't get angry. They just do what they have to like the cyborg in Terminator 2. It would be great. I can tell him what to do and he will never complain. As a human being I'm fine with today's machines. On the positive side I think it would be great to have them for difficult tasks but we have to look at the cons and not be ignorant because if drones can be ordered to do harmful tasks then expect the same for other machines!



P.S.In my Revise Blog 4 I tried to make the words more lighter but I couldn't find it but you can still highlighted and look what I wrote. Im done with it and this also. Its all dark and I dont know what I did or why its dark. To DrX

2 comments:

  1. A very interesting view of why you are not a cyborg, though you'd like to have one :-)

    No worries about the revision of blog 4. I will highlight it to read it. What you need to do is change the color of the font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog Series Evaluation 2:

    A very good set of blog entries. Keep up this good job!

    ReplyDelete